Dear Ah Gene,
You want to leave because you felt that you deserve more. It's very common for people to change jobs nowadays because they felt that their vision is not in line with the organisation's. There is nothing wrong with that. Just a few considerations for you:
1. Given the current job market, your qualification and experiences, how much pay do you think you can really command? Honestly.
2. How much you are worth is not what you think you are worth. It's the people paying you.
3. Do you like the working environment?
4. What are your prospects in the company?
5. What is the pay structure like? If everybody is drawing the same range of pay, you can't expect to break their structure right?
6. Workplaces are more or less the same. Low pay, lousy hours, lousy boss, etc. These may not be the same everywhere. However, due to human beings' inability to be contented with life, and their tendecy to complain on just about everything, no job is perfect for most people.
Last but not least, if you are truely unhappy at your current workplace, by all means go and find a new job. Good Luck
P.s. Uncle on MC...was very sick